Condoms – Your most readily useful contraception guide in complete safety life
June 25, 2020
- What’s crisis contraception?
- Where can I get crisis contraception?
- Age, wellness, life style, negative effects
- Exactly just How effective is contraception at preventing pregnancy?
- Combined tablet
- IUS (intrauterine system)
- Genital band
- Combined pill
- Progestogen-only pill
- Normal household preparation (fertility understanding)
- Female condoms
- Diaphragm or limit
- IUD (intrauterine device)
- IUS (intrauterine system)
- Female condoms
- Female sterilisation
- Vasectomy (male sterilisation)
- Will antibiotics stop my contraception working?
- Let’s say my partner will not utilize condoms?
- Where could I get crisis contraception (early morning after product, IUD)?
- Just exactly How effective is crisis contraception?
- Where could I get contraception?
- Where may I get crisis contraception?
- Just exactly What can I do if I skip a capsule (mixed tablet)?
- Just What can I do if we skip a supplement (progestogen-only supplement)?
- Let’s say I’ve lost a product?
- Just what if I’ve taken a pill that is extra accident?
- Wemagine if i am in the tablet and I also’m unwell or have diarrhea?
- How can I alter to a various capsule?
- Will a pregnancy test work if i am in the capsule?
- Does the capsule communicate with other medications?
- Whenever will my periods get back once I stop using the product?
- How can I understand we’ve reached menopause if i am on the supplement?
Condoms would be the only variety of contraception that will both pregnancy that is prevent force away intimately sent infections (STIs).
There are two main forms of condoms: male condoms, used in the penis; and feminine condoms, used in the vagina.
These pages is approximately male condoms, and describes the way they work and where they can be got by you.
Male condoms are produced from extremely slim latex (plastic), polyisoprene or polyurethane consequently they are made to stop a guy’s semen from getting into connection with their intimate partner.
At a look: condoms
- Whenever used properly each time you have intercourse, male condoms are 98% effective. This implies 2 away from 100 ladies can be expecting in one single 12 months whenever male condoms are utilized as contraception.
- You will get free condoms from contraception clinics, intimate wellness clinics plus some GP surgeries.
- Oil-based items – such as for instance moisturiser, cream and Vaseline – could harm latex and condoms that are polyisoprene however they are safe to make use of with polyurethane condoms.
- Water-based lubricant is safe to utilize with all condoms.
- It is possible for the condom to slide down while having sex. Should this happen, you may require crisis contraception also to get examined for STIs.
- Condoms have to be kept in locations that are not too hot or cool, and far from razor- razor- sharp or rough areas that could tear them or put them on away.
- Wearing a condom may be a satisfying section of sex and doesn’t always have to feel a disruption.
- If you are responsive to latex, you should use polyisoprene or polyurethane condoms rather.
- A condom ought not to be utilized over and over again. Utilize an innovative new one each right time you’ve got intercourse.
- Condoms have use-by date on the packaging. Avoid using out-of-date condoms.
- Always utilize condoms that have actually the BSI kite mark while the CE mark in the packet. What this means is they are tested to safety that is high.
How a condom works
Condoms are really a “barrier” way of contraception. They truly are manufactured from extremely thin latex (plastic), polyurethane or polyisoprene and generally are made to avoid maternity by stopping semen from fulfilling an egg.
They are able to additionally protect against STIs if used properly during genital, anal and sex that is oral.
Be sure that a guy’s penis will not touch a female’s vagina before a condom happens to be put on – semen will come from the penis before a guy has fully ejaculated (come).
Should this happen, or if perhaps semen gets to the vagina while using the a condom, you may require emergency contraception. Opt for having an STI test.
How exactly to make use of a condom
- Use the condom from the packet, being careful never to tear it with jewelry or fingernails. Usually do not start the packet together with your teeth.
- Position the condom within the tip of this penis that is erect.
- If there is a teat regarding the end associated with condom, make use of your thumb and forefinger to fit the atmosphere from the jawhorse.
- Carefully roll the condom down seriously to the bottom for the penis.
- In the event that condom will not roll down, maybe you are keeping it the wrong method round. In such a circumstance, it might have sperm it away and try again with a new one on it, so throw.
- After intercourse, withdraw the penis whilst it’s nevertheless erect – hold the condom on at the foot of the penis as you do that.
- Take away the condom through the penis, being careful not to spill any semen.
- Toss the condom away in a container, not down the lavatory.
- Verify the man’s penis doesn’t touch their partner’s genital area again.
- For those who have sex once more, make use of condom that is new.
Condoms come lubricated to ensure they are simpler to make use of, however you might also want to make use of lubricant that is additionallube). This might be specially advised for anal intercourse to cut back the opportunity associated with condom splitting.
You can make use of any kind of lubricant with polyurethane condoms that are not made from latex. Nonetheless, if you should be making use of latex or polyisoprene condoms, avoid using oil-based lubricants – such as for instance cream, human body oil or petroleum ointment (Vaseline) – it more likely to split because they can damage the condom and make.
Condoms with spermicide
Some condoms include spermicide on it. You need to stay away from this sort, or making use of spermicide as a lubricant, because it does not protect against STIs and could boost your danger of illness.
Who is able to utilize condoms?
People can properly utilize condoms, nonetheless they may possibly not be probably the most method that is suitable of for all.
- Some people are allergic to latex condoms. Should this be an issue, polyurethane or polyisoprene condoms are less inclined to cause a hypersensitive reaction.
- Men who possess trouble maintaining an erection may never be able to utilize condoms considering that the penis must certanly be erect to stop semen from dripping or the condom sliding down.